Lessons You Can Learn From Disney And Universal – Podcast Episode 9
On this week’s episode of the Memory Makers Podcast, Russ and Danny share lessons from Disney and Universal, and discuss how to use these lessons as inspiration for your own venue.
Discover the secrets to creating “wow” moments, the power of storytelling in entertainment, and the importance of setting clear service expectations. Plus, find out what NOT to do when engaging with your customers!
- Creating the “Wow” Factor: Disney and Universal understand the importance of creating a memorable entrance experience for guests. Think about how you can make your venue’s entrance captivating to leave a lasting impression.
- The Power of Storytelling: Both Disney and Universal use storytelling to enhance their attractions. Consider how you can incorporate storytelling into your own experiences to engage and surprise your visitors.
- Clear Service Expectations: Clearly define your service expectations for your employees and communicate them effectively. Recognize and reward behaviors that align with these expectations to foster a culture of excellence.
- Maintain Cleanliness: Pay attention to cleanliness and maintenance. Regularly patrol your facility, keep trash under control, and ensure your venue looks neat and tidy.
- Authentic Enthusiasm: Encourage genuine enthusiasm among your staff. Help them understand why their roles are important and why it’s essential to provide a great experience for every customer.
- Continuous Improvement: Keep learning from the best in the industry and implement lessons that are applicable to your business. Consistently strive to enhance customer experiences and your overall service quality.
What sparked this topic? Danny’s flights home were canceled while in Orlando for a conference…so instead of moping, he seized the opportunity and solo explored Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and came back with several good insights that were discussed in this episode.
Get Podcast Episodes In Your Inbox
Do you want to get new episodes of the Memory Makers Podcast in your inbox every week? Click here and sign up for email notifications!